Psilocybe Cubensis

Psilocybin Mushroom

Psilocybe cubensis mushrooms are most commonly known as a psychedelic mushrooms with active compounds psilocybin and psilocin. They are often called magic mushrooms, shrooms, golden halos, cubes or gold caps. Psilocybe subensis belongs to the fungus family Hymenogastraceae and was previously known as Stropharia cubensis.

Appearance

Psilocybe cubensis is a species of psychedelic mushroom whose principle active compounds are psilocybin and psilocin. The mushrooms are reddish-cinnamon brown to golden brown in color and they will turn bluish/purplish when bruised due to the oxidation of their psilocin content. Their caps are planar when fully mature, and their gills are adnate (horizontally attached to the stem) to adnexed (slightly indented at the attachment point) depending on the variety. The mycelia are like microscopic straws that look similar in appearance to foam or hoarfrost. The gills are closely spaced and contain purple spores that can germinate once they are in a suitable substrate.

Uses

Prevalence of major depression in people with chronic heart failure is higher than in normal populations. Depression in heart failure has become a major issue. Psilocybin-containing mushrooms commonly known as magic mushrooms, have been used since ancient times for their mind healing properties. Psilocybin-containing mushrooms commonly known as magic mushrooms have been used since ancient times for their mind healing properties in different indigenous populations. Recently, psilocybin (4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine), a natural hallucinogen and a main compound in magic mushrooms was found to have significant antidepressant effects. Awareness and use of magic mushrooms for depression and improved quality of life is growing as a result. The recreational dose by most users ranges from 1 to 3.5 g of dried mushrooms or 10–15 g of fresh mushrooms. Magic mushrooms are generally not considered toxic with lethal dose of 280 mg/kg in rats and 17 kg/70 kg for humans. Fatal intoxications due to exposure to magic mushrooms are rare and often reported to be mainly due to combination with other drugs.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.